Friday, April 24, 2009

Kitchen: Before & After

The kitchen cabinets were a very light and very weathered wood and totally not our style. We didn't have a lot of money in our budget so a total kitchen renovation was completely out of the question. So, we had the cabinets painted with a white semi gloss. We had a few issues with the contractor/painter but in the end, I think we are satisfied. They certainly look 1000 times better than they did before. We painted and replaced the light fixtures as well as replaced the horrible stove, installed a microwave over the stove and bought a new fridge as the previous owner took his with him.

BEFORE:







AFTER: (paint color is SW Blonde)















This last photo is of our Pottery Barn mail organizer/key hooks. It is the one thing we have managed to hang on the wall in the entire house. The skinny door to the right is my beloved pantry. We've never had a pantry before and I am in love with it. You can also see our back hallway to the garage in one of the photos above. It is painted the same color as the kitchen. The dining room is to the right and the half bath is to the left from that hallway. Once we get our dinette set tomorrow, I'll post some more photos. I can't wait to get it!
After I posted this I realized that the old shift and resize didn't work well on the before pics. But, honestly, I'm just too lazy to fix them. Sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Great job. I love the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind if I add your blog to my sidebar. I'm really enjoying reading about the changes your making in your house, beings I'll be doing the same soon (though not with nearly as beautiful of a house! It's gorgeous!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering why that fridge looked so skinny!

    Looks just as good in pictures as it does in person! :)

    ReplyDelete