Friday, September 4, 2009

Audiobooks

I spend a lot of time in the car. My commute to work is 40 minutes each way. I also go to school 2 nights a week and every other Saturday. The commute from work to school can be anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on traffic and then it takes an hour to get home from school. I'm exhausted from just typing all that.

Anyway, I don't have much free time so sitting down and reading a book is out of the question. A former co-worker turned me on to audiobooks last summer and I am in love. I borrow them from the library and listen to them on my ipod in the car. I love listening to someone tell me a story and it really takes my mind off the traffic and the lovely Massachusetts drivers.

On the right hand sidebar of this blog, I started keeping a list of books I've read (er...listened to) so far this summer. The only one that I didn't love is Vanishing Acts. It was a great story and I loved the characters (except for Fitz) but it just went on way too long. There were parts that went into so much unnecessary detail that I got insanely bored.

I just finished Twenties Girl a few days ago and really enjoyed it. It had a bit of a slow start but it was really fun in the end. Sometimes I get a little sad when I finish one I really like and then I have to take a few days off before I start a new one.

I'm about 3 discs (out of 15) into The Pact and I can't wait to find out what happens. It's soooo good so far.

Let me know if there is something you'd read recently that I should check out. Chick Lit is by far my favorite genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment