Saturday, September 5, 2009

Travel Bug

Our last vacation was in November 2008 and since we bought our house in March, we figured it'd be a long time before we'd have another vacation. But, both M & I have caught the travel bug for sure. I love the travel board on thenest.com. It's so much fun reading about trips people are planning, recommendations on fantastic places they have gone and sharing amazing vacation deals that are out there. But, reading all this great info makes me want to travel like crazy. If only we could win the lottery!

M & I have been talking about going to Washington DC for a long time. One of our friends moved down there a few years back and I haven't been since I was in 8th grade. I didn't really appreciate all it had to offer back then and I've been dying to get back there. So, when a email arrived from Travel Zoo the other day with it's Top 20 deals of the week featuring Jet Blue flights between Boston and Baltimore for only $19 each way, we jumped on it. Turns out that my parents will be there the same weekend (random).

My mom works for Starwood, which has made me a bit of a hotel snob. I really hope she never retires. We were able to book the Fairfax Embassy Row for $89 per night. It's right in Dupont Circle and pretty close to all the major attractions. I'll be sure to post photos when we get back.

M & I are also hoping to take a trip to Europe in the fall of 2010. Right now, we're considering London, Paris & Rome (each city for 3 nights). I checked out the Starwood Hotels and they have great rates in each city...

London: Park Lane or Sheraton Belgravia for $89 US per night
Paris: Westin Paris for $94 US per night
Rome: Westin Excelsior for $89 US per night

Neither of us have ever been to Europe, so this is very exciting for us. We're just starting all the research now but we're hoping to have it booked by the end of this year.

For those of you looking for travel deals, below is a list of great sites to check out. Sign up for their email lists to be notified about great deals.

Travel Zoo
Sherman's Travel
European Destinations
VIP Vacations
Vayama
Cruise Critic

No comments:

Post a Comment