Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crockpot Love

We had a great time in Washington DC and I will post photos soon. When I came back from DC, I weighed myself and realized that I had made my first Weight Watchers goal. Woot Woot! I then proceeded to eat everything in sight for a week to celebrate. lol

So, I vowed to get back on the wagon. In my preparation for grocery shopping last weekend, I came across a few WW-friendly crock pot recipes. M & I chose two and added the ingredients to our list, then headed out to the store. We spent $125, which is more than we usually do in a week. But, we actually had a cart full of real food and a plan for three nights that week. This was a first and it was sort of exciting in a weird sort of way.

We've used the crockpot before but only on weekends. So, this whole prepping before work and having it cook all day thing is very new for us. But, I looooooooooooooooove it.

I think it's going to be a weekly occurrence in our house from now on. I posted on facebook a few times about it and my friends apparently love their crockpots too. But, everyone seems to only have a few select recipes. So, I decided to try some new ones and post them on here to share with everyone. I'll try to update the blog weekly and review the recipes we've made. But, I'm pretty busy with work and school, so we'll see what happens. If you're reading this and have a good recipe to share, send it on over. Even if you are unsure if it is Weight Watchers friendly...I have access to the recipe builder on their website and will use that to figure out how many points per serving each recipe is.

For now, here is an excellent resource for Crockpot Recipes: http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/. Stephanie O'Dea spent all 365 days of 2008 getting intimate with her crockpots. All the recipes on her site are Gluten free as well. Her book just came out on Tuesday and can be found at my favorite book store by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on reaching your first goal!! That's awesome. :) Let me know if you ever need any advice/inspiration/help!

    :)

    ReplyDelete