Thursday, February 18, 2010

Best.Berries.Ever
















I bring my lunch to work every single day, it helps me with my never-ending quest to stick to my Weight Watchers points. Typically, it's a turkey sandwich (grilled on the forman), claussen pickle, baked lays or pretzels, a diet iced tea and some fruit. Berries and grapes are my favorite fruit to bring to work since they don't have to be eaten all at once and I can pick on them as I feel the need.

We go grocery shopping on Sundays in order to have fresh deli meat all week. But, that doesn't always work well with the berries. Many times they go bad before I have a chance to eat them or we have to go back to the store mid-week to get more. Sometimes, the berries in the produce section at the grocery store already have mold on them and I go home empty handed. This makes me sad.

Then, I discovered Sam's Club. Okay, I already knew it existed, so I didn't really discover it all of a sudden. But, I just never really went in there because let's face it - when you live in a house with only one other person, it would be insane to obtain a third wholesale club membership.

Well, call me crazy, because I forked over the $40 and now am the proud owner of a Sam's membership card. It's probably a good thing because the Costco and BJ's cards were looking a little lonely in my wallet. M & I walked around and realized they do have many things we use on a weekly basis...and they have laminate flooring! Nice looking, sturdy, cheap laminate flooring, which we happen to need for our basement (more on that later).

Anyway, as we're walking through the produce section, we stumble upon a massive display of raspberries, strawberries and blueberries. Not just any berries, the largest berries I have ever seen in the largest containers I have ever seen...for the same price as I normally pay at the grocery store for the tiny little container. I figured I'd go for it and see if I could at least get half way through the container before they went bad. The blueberries looked awesome, so I went with those.

They were delicious and they lasted a WHOLE WEEK! I figured it was probably a fluke. So, I bought another batch the following week and again, they lasted the whole week. I am very impressed and will now buy my fruit at Sam's for life, which is why I'm telling you.

No comments:

Post a Comment