Sunday, May 3, 2009

Before & After: Guest Room

BEFORE:
This was the one and only painted room in the whole house. You can't tell by looking at the photo, but it looked like the previous owners decided half-way through that painting just wasn't for them and gave up on a second coat. You can also see the old dark gray carpet in this photo.



AFTER: (paint color is Valspar Notre Dame)



We had purchased this paint when we were still at the condo and never got around to painting. So, we figured we'd use it in the new house. I almost wish it was a little darker. This room gets the most light in our house and it's a really good size for a secondary bedroom. Clearly, we still need to add a nightstand, some curtains and some COLOR. We also need to get a new closet door eventually as the current one is broken.
This is the first glimpse of our new carpet in a nice neutral beige color. I love the carpet...it is so soft and cushy. The bedding is from Target.
As you can see, our cats have decided they really like this room. That is Casey on the cat condo and Jacko in the window. They also love the new carpet and can be found stretched out on it in the sun spots.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 04, 2009

    I absolutely love the color you painted the bedroom! I want a bedroom in my house to be that same color scheme. I came across your blog and added it to my blogroll because I really like the updating you're doing to your house. Plus, I think we are on the same track as far as recently purchasing a house and getting settled in. I may steal some ideas from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used gray paint before. I love the Notre Dame Valspar gray and want to paint my house with it. Which white trim did you use? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete